Summer Spaghetti Salad
Although tomatoes do not usually come to mind when someone mentions California, they are indeed one of our most plentiful crops. This chilled salad is particularly satisfying on hot summer days.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 2 to 3 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Vermicelli or angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes with herbs, onions and garlic. Add salt, pepper, 1/4 cup olive oil and vinegar. Mix well; cover and chill. Cook pasta; drain. Toss in a bowl with Parmesan cheese and remaining olive oil. Cover and chill. Top each serving of pasta with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 130 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 433mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Summer Spaghetti Salad in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.