We love to grill, especially when we go camping in our RV. This is a favorite of our family and the foil packet makes for fast clean up. —Tonia Anne Carrier, Elizabethton, Tennessee
Featured In: How to Cook in Foil Packets
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound summer sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into eight cubes
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Gently stir in the chicken and tomatoes. Divide mixture among eight double thicknesses of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Top each with a butter cube.
- Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Carefully open foil to allow steam to escape; drizzle with dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Summer Sausage Hobo Packets in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p42
Reviews forSummer Sausage Hobo Packets
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2015
"My husband went crazy for these! I would throw the cheeseburgers away and serve these to guests next BBQ. Delicious!"
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2012
"yummy yummy yummy!!! loved everything about it!"