Summer Salads with Mandarin Oranges
Fresh and pretty, this arranged salad is a terrific way to get fruit and veggies into your day. Sweet oranges and a tangy dressing make a delightful match. —Francis Garland, Anniston, Alabama
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon minced chives
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cups torn Boston lettuce
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 small cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Gradually whisk in oil. Set aside.
- Divide lettuce among six serving plates. Top with tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, oranges and olives. Drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 247 calories, 23g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Quick Summer Salad with Mandarin Oranges in Simple & Delicious August/September 2012