Summer’s Bounty Soup
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 7 hours
Makes14 servings (about 3-1/2 quarts)
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups halved fresh green beans
- 2 small zucchini, cubed
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cubed
- 4 small carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cubed peeled eggplant
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 4 cups reduced-sodium V8 juice
- Combine all ingredients in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 7-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 67 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Sep 30, 2013
A great recipe to have when the garden starts to produce in abundance! We found that if we had enough juicy tomatoes, we didn't need the V8 juice. Easy to substitute vegetables (or leave out ones your family isn't fond of.)
Aug 9, 2012
I have the Farm Fresh Favorites cookbook and recently made this soup. It is delicious but for me it needed some meat.. so the 2nd day I added some Chaurice sausage from our local sausage kitchen and it was perfect. Parm cheese sprinkled on top was good, too. I note that here on line there is no listing for fiber yet in the cookbook it says 0 fiber, which can't be correct. I will definitely make this again. You could add rice or pasta, too
Feb 16, 2012
It was very good. My neighbor even liked it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.