Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- SOUP BASE:
- 2-1/2 cups tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- VEGETABLES GARNISHES:
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, finely chopped
- Chopped avocado
- In a bowl, combine the soup base ingredients. Stir in vegetable garnishes. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with avocado and croutons; serve cold.
Jun 11, 2013
My all time favorite! Made several different gazpacho's from TOH and tried them out on friends and family. I used this recipe on TV recently. It's easy and versatile. My kids kept eating it before I got my good photos!
Jul 10, 2010
this was my first try at making this (and first taste) it was pretty good. :)
Jan 2, 2010
I am sure that I rated this 5 stars but it only shows 4. There's no revision, apparently; so I'm stuck with it, but it's not right.
Jan 2, 2010
This is so good I want to drink it! My husband, who thinks he does not like cold soups, calls this "salad" instead.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.