Summer Garden Pasta
This fresh-tasting side dish pairs pasta with an array of nutritious veggies, including zucchini, bell peppers and a juicy tomato. "Our four boys are all grown and out of the house, but I still grow a large garden every summer and give away everything we can't eat," notes April Johnson, Tonasket, Washington.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1 package (1 pound) small tube pasta
- 1 cup sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the yellow squash, zucchini, peppers and onions in butter until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth and tomato; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until liquid is reduced by half.
- Drain pasta; stir into vegetable mixture. Cook 1 minute longer or until heated through.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Sprinkle with the cheese, parsley, garlic pepper and salt; toss to coat.