Summer Garden Omelet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 4 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices reduced-fat process American cheese product, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- In a 10-in. nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the zucchini, onion and green pepper in butter until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the egg whites, eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour into skillet; cook over medium heat.
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, sprinkle cheese on one side; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Cut in half.
Nutrition Facts1/2 each: 206 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 228mg cholesterol, 693mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Jul 29, 2009
These look wonderful and I make mine in the zip lock steamer bags. I use one bag or the vegetables and then add it to eggs and cheese in the second bag. Microwave for 1.5 minutes. Fastest omelet in the west!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.