Summer Fruit Salad Recipe
- PINEAPPLE CREAM CHEESE DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups pineapple tidbits
- 1-1/2 cups seedless green or red grapes, halved
- 1-1/2 cups diced peaches or nectarines
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Leaf lettuce
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in the juices until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount into the eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until mixture reaches 160° and is thickened. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add juice mixture; mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the fruit. Sprinkle with sugar; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl with the dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 230 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Summer Fruit Salad
"This fruit salad is perfect for a family get-together!! We love it!!"
"Very good recipe! Loved the dressing but there was a lot of it. When I mixed all the dressing in, it was fruit soup. I will keep making the dressing but will only use a small portion of it."
"This is absolutely delicious! I didn't read the recipe through, and was making it to bring to a party that afternoon, so naturally, couldn't let it chill overnight! I think it chilled for 3 hours at the most, and it was still a hit! This is perfect for those hot summer days!"
"This is wonderful! Delicious dressing, and especially refreshing on those hot summer days..I will make this again and again!"
"This is wonderful! I didn't even let it sit overnight, but mixed it with the dressing and served it only a few hours later. Everyone loved it!"
"Delicious, I made this for a luncheon at my work place. It was a hit.Marsha Campbell Cullman Alabama"