Summer Fruit Cooler
This wonderfully fruity drink is perfect for warm-weather sipping. Its sweet-tart flavor and lovely color are sure to brighten any occasion. Jane Woods - Fort Worth, TX
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
Makes14 servings (3-1/2 quarts)
- 8 cups ruby red grapefruit juice, divided
- 2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 4 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- Orange slices and fresh mint leaves
- Pour 3 cups grapefruit juice into two ice cube trays; freeze until set.
- In a large pitcher, combine the pineapple, orange and cranberry juices; stir in remaining grapefruit juice. Chill until serving.
- Slowly stir in soda; add the grapefruit ice cubes. Garnish with orange slices and mint.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 120 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Sunny Cooler in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009