Summer Fresh Fruit Soup
On a hot summer day, nothing can top the flavor of the season's finest fruits. This recipe is both fast and festive.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Pinch salt
- 2-1/2 cups fresh fruit of your choice
- In a large saucepan, combine water and tapioca; let stand for 10 minutes. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in orange juice concentrate, sugar, honey, extract and salt. Chill. Add fruit; refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 162 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Fresh Fruit Soup in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.