Summer Cucumber Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, tomato, green pepper and onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine lime juice, vinegar, dill, salt and pepper; shake well.
- Pour over cucumber mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 34 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 300mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Aug 16, 2017
We say this recipe is "not for the feint of heart". But we love it! Great for a change from our usual, milder sour cream/vinegar dressing on cucumbers that we make so much when they are in season in the garden. Also really good when paired with meat, almost like a tangy salsa condiment. ( I do chop the cucumber smaller than described in recipe.)
Feb 4, 2011
No one in my family liked it. It was really sour.