Summer Cucumber Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, tomato, green pepper and onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine lime juice, vinegar, dill, salt and pepper; shake well.
- Pour over cucumber mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 34 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 300mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 16, 2017
We say this recipe is "not for the feint of heart". But we love it! Great for a change from our usual, milder sour cream/vinegar dressing on cucumbers that we make so much when they are in season in the garden. Also really good when paired with meat, almost like a tangy salsa condiment. ( I do chop the cucumber smaller than described in recipe.)
Feb 4, 2011
No one in my family liked it. It was really sour.