Whenever I pack a picnic, this salad comes along. It's great with grilled entrees or sandwiches. In summer and fall, it's among my most requested side dishes. It keeps well in the refrigerator, so you can make it ahead of time.
Recommended: 25 Cucumber Recipes to Make This Summer
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, tomato, green pepper and onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine lime juice, vinegar, dill, salt and pepper; shake well.
- Pour over cucumber mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cool Cucumber Salad in Country Woman July/August 2001, p33
Reviews forSummer Cucumber Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2011
"No one in my family liked it. It was really sour."