- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons orange yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-3/4 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- 4 to 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Mixed fresh berries
- Line an 8-in. square baking dish with foil and grease the foil; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, butter, yogurt, egg, orange zest and vanilla until blended. Combine flour and cocoa; stir into sugar mixture. Add chocolate chips.
- Spread into prepared dish. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool on a wire rack.
- Spread ice cream over cake. Cover and freeze for 3 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Using foil, lift dessert out of dish; gently peel off foil. Cut into squares. Garnish with berries and drizzle with chocolate. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forSummer Celebration Ice Cream Cake
"This recipe was horrible! The crust was hard and bitter and the topping was bitter also. I am thankful I tried this before making it for guests. I would have been very embarrassed to serve this to company!"
"This is a simple, classic ice cream cake. Everyone enjoyed it. I"
"This so delicious!"