Summer Breeze Fruit Tartlets
Here’s a healthier fruit tart that substitutes baked wonton wrappers for rich pastry shells. Friends and family enjoy this easy to prepare (and to enjoy) dessert!—Fran Fehling, Staten Island, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 12 wonton wrappers
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine the mango, strawberries and blueberries.
- Press wonton wrappers into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray; spritz each wrapper with additional cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a small saucepan, combine the jelly, sugar and cinnamon. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Spoon fruit into cups; brush with jelly mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 tartlet: 69 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Originally published as SUMMER BREEZE FRUIT TARTLETS in Country Woman June/July 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.