- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup red wine or beef broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms
- 3 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 pounds beef sirloin tip steak, cut into 1-1/4-inch cubes
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients and mix well. Pour 1 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add vegetables. Pour remaining marinade into another resealable bag; add beef. Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4-6 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. Drain and reserve marinade from vegetables. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef, tomatoes, mushrooms, zucchini and summer squash.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Baste with reserved marinade. Continue turning and basting for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve kabobs over rice if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSummer Beef Skewers
"Great taste. We cook the meat and veggies in seperate skewers. Veggies would have been over cooked by the time the meat was done (at medium-rare). When done, remove the meat and veggies from skewers and combine in a bowl (this allows the meat to rest and the flavors to combine)."
"Marinade was not good on the squash. This was just ok."