Summer Apple Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 medium tart red apples, diced
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 cup grape halves
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large salad bowl, combine the apples, pineapple, celery, grapes, carrot and almonds. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, sugar and lemon juice. Add to apple mixture and toss to coat. Chill.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 107 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 17, 2011
I brought this to a pot luck and it was a big hit! The only thing I did differently was use raisins instead of grape halves. I like raisins in apple salads and it was much easier than halving grapes.