Summer Apple Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 medium tart red apples, diced
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 cup grape halves
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large salad bowl, combine the apples, pineapple, celery, grapes, carrot and almonds. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, sugar and lemon juice. Add to apple mixture and toss to coat. Chill.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 107 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Apr 17, 2011
I brought this to a pot luck and it was a big hit! The only thing I did differently was use raisins instead of grape halves. I like raisins in apple salads and it was much easier than halving grapes.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.