Sugary Dessert Shells Recipe
—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Pudding, mousse or ice cream
- Fresh fruit
- 1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Draw two 6-in. circles on paper; set aside. In a small bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Beat in the butter and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour until smooth.
- 2. Spoon 2 tablespoons of batter over each parchment paper circle; spread with the back of a spoon to cover circle. Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 3. Remove from the paper with a metal spatula and immediately place each over an inverted 6-oz. custard cup or small bowl; shape around cup. Repeat with remaining batter to make six more shells (parchment paper can be reused). Fill with pudding and fruit. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 132 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Sugary Dessert Shells
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC