Sugartime Lemon Pie Recipe
I knew just what to serve for dessert at the theme party I gave for my sister's birthday. When she was growing up during the 1950s, she preferred this creamy sweet-tart treat that our mom made over any kind of cake. -Judy Nix, Toccoa, Georgia
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 20 squares)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 to 3 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- Whipped topping, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs, sugar and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. For filling, in a bowl, whisk milk and lemon juice until smooth. Add lemon peel and food coloring if desired. Pour into crust. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 298 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Sugartime Lemon Pie
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2010
"Just the way my mother made it as a kid. YUMMM!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC