VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 20 squares)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 to 3 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs, sugar and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For filling, in a bowl, whisk milk and lemon juice until smooth. Add lemon peel and food coloring if desired. Pour into crust. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sugartime Lemon Pie in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p39
Reviews forSugartime Lemon Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2010
"Just the way my mother made it as a kid. YUMMM!"