- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 jar (6 ounces) plums with apples baby food
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well blended. Combine flour and cinnamon; add to egg mixture. Beat in baby food; stir in nuts. Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
1 piece: 416 calories, 22g fat (3g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 2, 2018This is a nice easy cake. Perfect for a last minute comfort. I made half the portion in an 8" cake pan and it came out lovely. You can read my review and look at a photo of the cake on my blog: https://bulachki.com/sugarplum-cake/
Dec 30, 2017
This cake is easy, moist, and cinnamon-y delicious! A 6oz jar of plums with apples baby food is not to be found anywhere anymore, so I used a two pack of prunes with apples. Each tub is 4oz. and I used both. I made it for our smaller Christmas Eve gathering when the fancier desserts were needed for our larger Christmas Day dinner. Everyone loved it. Excellent the next day with coffee too!
Mar 1, 2011
I made this cake for a raffle at work. Everyone loved the cake. It was hit!