- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 jar (6 ounces) plums with apples baby food
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well blended. Combine flour and cinnamon; add to egg mixture. Beat in baby food; stir in nuts. Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forSugarplum Cake
"This cake is easy, moist, and cinnamon-y delicious! A 6oz jar of plums with apples baby food is not to be found anywhere anymore, so I used a two pack of prunes with apples. Each tub is 4oz. and I used both. I made it for our smaller Christmas Eve gathering when the fancier desserts were needed for our larger Christmas Day dinner. Everyone loved it. Excellent the next day with coffee too!"