Sugarless Licorice Stars
You can enjoy this candy even if you are on a restricted diet since it's sugar-free. Use small seasonal cutters to make shapes everyone will be sweet on.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 4 cups diet cherry soda, divided
- 3 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free cherry gelatin
- 2 teaspoons anise flavoring
- In a large bowl, soften gelatin in 1/2 cup soda. In a small saucepan, bring remaining soda to a boil. Remove from the heat; add to gelatin mixture and mix well. Stir in flavored gelatin; until dissolved. Add anise.
- If necessary, skim foam. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Chill until firm. Use small star-shaped or other holiday cutters or cut into 1-in. squares. Store in the refrigerator.