Sugarless Date Drops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 pound dates, cut up
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup carob chips
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, cream butter. Grind dates; blend with eggs and vanilla to make a paste. Stir into butter. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Drop by teaspoonfuls 1/2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 10-15 minutes or until peaks begin to brown.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 106 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 21, 2010
I tested this recipe with the following modifications. I traded the flour with 1/2 buckwheat and 1/2 millet flours. Instead of butter, I used coconut oil.Then with the last oats, sunflower and pecans- i processed through the food processor and used a pasty bag to drop the batter onto the cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. No Gluten, no Sat fat and less fat.