Sugared Walnuts Recipe
- 3 cups walnut halves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Spread walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until heated through. Cover and keep warm.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, coffee, cinnamon and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 250° (hard-ball stage). Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Add warm walnuts; toss to coat.
- 3. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan; separate with a fork. Cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 cups.
1/2 cup: 344 calories, 24g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Sugared Walnuts
"Very tasty against the tanginess of the walnut, you hardly notice the coffee at all. easy to make. I enjoyed this recipe. I will make these again."