- 3 cups walnut halves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spread walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until heated through. Cover and keep warm.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, coffee, cinnamon and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 250° (hard-ball stage). Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Add warm walnuts; toss to coat.
- Pour into a greased 15x10x1-in. pan; separate with a fork. Cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews forSugared Walnuts
"Very tasty against the tanginess of the walnut, you hardly notice the coffee at all. easy to make. I enjoyed this recipe. I will make these again."