Sugared Walnut Fruit Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 cups seedless red grapes
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium peach, chopped or 3/4 cup frozen sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest, optional
- In a small bowl, combine walnuts and water; drain. Toss walnuts with sugar. Spread in a single layer on a greased foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pan, stirring occasionally.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the oranges, grapes, kiwi, peach and strawberries. Sprinkle with sugared walnuts; toss lightly. Sprinkle with orange zest if desired.
Jul 3, 2009
I made this for a potluck. It went over very well. I came home with an empty bowl. I am making it for another potluck and I am going to double the recipe. Thank you for sharing the recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.