For a number of years, our neighbor gave us these wonderful treats at Christmas. I finally obtained the recipe and make them for others, too.—Suzanne Brown, Blue Jay, California
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large bowl, beat egg white and orange juice until frothy. Add nuts; stir gently to coat. Combine the remaining ingredients. Add to nut mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Spread onto a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 300° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 222 calories, 19g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Sugared Pecans in Country Woman November/December 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.