Sugared Peanut Clusters
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 jar (16 ounces) dry roasted peanuts
- Butter two baking sheets with the 2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, coffee, corn syrup and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook until a candy thermometer reads 234°-240° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Add peanuts; stir quickly.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheets. Quickly separate into small clumps with two forks. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteWe recommend that you test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil; the thermometer should read 212°. Adjust your recipe temperature up or down based on your test.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 165 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 1, 2011
Perhaps this was a misprint, but a 16 ounce jar of peanuts plus a bit of syrup can't yield 6 cups. I tried it as printed and had puddles! Next time, I used about 6 cups of peanuts & the result was delicious!