VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups walnuts halves, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Stir in the ginger, curry powder and cayenne until smooth. Add sugar and honey; stir until blended. Stir in walnuts until well coated.
- Spread onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt. Cool and break apart. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Sugared Curry Walnuts in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p60