I have fond memories of my parents spending days in the kitchen baking Christmas cookies. It's a tradition that my husband and I now happily carry on. —Charlotte Wright, Lebanon, Connecticut
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Additional sugar
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice and zest; set aside. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in water and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Strain reserved orange juice. Dip cookies in juice, then roll in additional sugar. Let dry. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 93 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.