Sugar-Topped Walnut Bars Recipe
If I haven't set out these nutty treats at a holiday gathering, family and friends are sure to notice—and to ask where my bars are! They travel well to potluck dinners. —Gloria Siddiqui, Houston, Texas
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups finely ground walnuts
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a mixing bowl, combine flour and sugar. Beat in butter and egg yolks. Press into an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. For filling, in a bowl, beat eggs. stir in the walnuts, sugar and vanilla. Pour over crust. Bake at 300° for 55-60 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Yield: 6 dozen.
1 each: 83 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Sugar-Topped Walnut Bars
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC