- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups cold brewed coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, 1-1/2 cups sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add the oil, vinegar and vanilla; beat on low speed until blended. Add coffee; beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle half of the mixture over batter. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Immediately sprinkle remaining cinnamon-sugar over cupcakes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forSugar-Topped Mocha Cupcakes
"Might want to try instant espresso (2tbsp) and 2 cups water. brewed coffee will be too weak"
"P.S. The coffee flavor does not come through when baked."
"Very moist but recipe is in dire need of flavor assistance."
"I took these to a family get-together and everyone wanted the recipe! A moist texture and not over-the-top sweetness makes these particularly nice! Thanks for sharing!"
"These cupcakes are very moist, but are the most blah cupcakes I've ever had. Will not make again."