- 1-1/2 cups plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cold brewed coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat 1-1/2 cups sugar, oil, vinegar and vanilla until well blended. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture until blended. Stir in coffee.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle half of the mixture over batter. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Immediately sprinkle remaining cinnamon-sugar over cupcakes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forSugar-Topped Mocha Cupcakes
"Might want to try instant espresso (2tbsp) and 2 cups water. brewed coffee will be too weak"
"P.S. The coffee flavor does not come through when baked."
"Very moist but recipe is in dire need of flavor assistance."
"I took these to a family get-together and everyone wanted the recipe! A moist texture and not over-the-top sweetness makes these particularly nice! Thanks for sharing!"
"These cupcakes are very moist, but are the most blah cupcakes I've ever had. Will not make again."