Sugar Plums Recipe
While working as a secretary in a library, I got a request from someone looking for a sugar plum recipe. I searched high and low but eventually stumbled upon this version in a local publication.—Virginia Barber, Waynesville, Georgia
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs for 1 minute. Gradually add 1 cup sugar; beat 1 minute longer or until thickened. Stir in the almonds, coconut, dates and extracts. Transfer to an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until browned and a thermometer reads 160°. Remove from the oven; stir. Let stand for 6-8 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Roll into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining sugar. Cool completely on waxed paper. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 79 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 11mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Sugar Plums
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC