VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup plum jam, divided
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 8 teaspoons finely chopped walnuts or pecans, divided
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place flour in a large bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in sour cream. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Divide dough into four portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion into a 12-in. x 6-in. rectangle. (Keep remaining dough refrigerated until ready to use.) Spread 3 tablespoons jam lengthwise down the center. Fold in sides of pastry to meet in the center; pinch seam to seal. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon each nuts and orange peel. Repeat. Place on two ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over warm pastries. Combine the sugar, cinnamon and remaining nuts; sprinkle over warm pastries. Yield: 4 pastries (6 slices each).
Originally published as Sugar Plum Kringles in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p167