Sugar ‘n’ Spice Mixed Nuts
A crunchy, spiced seasoning nicely coats a variety of nuts in this tasty recipe. These nuts disappear whenever I set out a bowl.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine the egg white and butter. Add the peanuts, walnuts, cashews, almonds, pecans and sunflower kernels. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and salt. Add nut mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake at 275° for 45 minutes or until toasted and crisp, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 384 calories, 28g fat (4g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Sugar N' Spice Nuts in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.