Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (5 to 7 pounds)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Using a sharp knife, score surface of ham with 1/4-in.-deep cuts in a diamond pattern. Cover and bake 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a thermometer reads 130°.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and enough vinegar to make a thick paste. Remove ham from oven. Spread sugar mixture over ham. Bake ham, uncovered, 15-30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts4 ounces ham: 284 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 1110mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 20g protein.
Jan 12, 2020
very good recipe
Dec 26, 2019
Yum! My family often buys a famous glazed ham that is delicious, but expensive. I used this recipe and it was just as good as that other ham. I am having a hard time staying out of it and my family loved the ham. The flavor is perfect! I will definitely use this recipe again.
Apr 22, 2019
Fantastic glaze, most glaze recipes flavor the ham well, but do not make a crispy, tasty edge. This one did wonderfully - my go-to from now on. The only thing I added was natural pineapple juice, about 14 oz. can poured over the ham during the first stage of cooking. Loved it!
Dec 26, 2018
Made this as part of our Christmas dinner. It was so simple and easy. Will definitely make this again!
Apr 2, 2018
Best ham I've ever had.Meat was moist and the glaze is delicious,and made with ingredients I usually have on hand.Definitely my go two ham recipe from now on.
Apr 1, 2018
I made this today for a family meal and everyone loved it. They all commented on how much they liked the glaze. I liked that it took ingredients that I have on hand.
Jan 25, 2017
Absolutely delicious! This ham turned out perfectly and the recipe was easy to follow. Will definitely make this again!
Mar 3, 2014
Love this glaze for ham. We're big vinegar fans. I add a can of drained peaches because we like peaches with our ham.
Oct 30, 2013
This is my go to recipe for ham. It is simple but tastes amazing. If the ham comes with a glaze packet, I throw it out and use this recipe.
Nov 25, 2011
great taste I used white vinegar and it worked perfect. Very very delicious my family enjoyed it tonight.