Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (5 to 7 pounds)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Using a sharp knife, score surface of ham with 1/4-in.-deep cuts in a diamond pattern. Cover and bake 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a thermometer reads 130°.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and enough vinegar to make a thick paste. Remove ham from oven. Spread sugar mixture over ham. Bake ham, uncovered, 15-30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces ham: 284 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 1110mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 20g protein.
Apr 2, 2018
Best ham I've ever had.Meat was moist and the glaze is delicious,and made with ingredients I usually have on hand.Definitely my go two ham recipe from now on.
Apr 1, 2018
I made this today for a family meal and everyone loved it. They all commented on how much they liked the glaze. I liked that it took ingredients that I have on hand.
Jan 25, 2017
Absolutely delicious! This ham turned out perfectly and the recipe was easy to follow. Will definitely make this again!
Mar 3, 2014
Love this glaze for ham. We're big vinegar fans. I add a can of drained peaches because we like peaches with our ham.
Oct 30, 2013
This is my go to recipe for ham. It is simple but tastes amazing. If the ham comes with a glaze packet, I throw it out and use this recipe.
Nov 25, 2011
great taste I used white vinegar and it worked perfect. Very very delicious my family enjoyed it tonight.
Oct 21, 2011
This was delicious...and I used the bone later and made split pea soup in the crock pot...it was wonderful...
Apr 26, 2011
I made this for Easter, and it was absolutely delicious! Sweet and tangy both, but not overpowering. I'm not even a huge ham lover, but I really enjoyed it. The ham was also delicious served cold the next day. A keeper!
Jan 8, 2011
I've adapted this recipe for small pit hams: half the glaze ingredients and a much shorter baking time. Very good and very simple.
Dec 26, 2010
Absolutely wonderful! First time I've ever tried to glaze a ham. Simple receipe - tasted fantastic!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.