Sugar-Free Raisin Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook raisins, water, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg until butter is melted; continue cooking for 3 minutes. Add all remaining ingredients.
- Spread into an 8-in. square baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 92 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 6, 2012
May 6, 2012
This was very good. Sugar-restricted husband enjoyed it very much. I changed the order of combining ingredients mixing dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately and then adding them to the raisin mixture after cooling it slightly. I added some of the hot mixture to the egg mixture before combining together. The batter was a little soupy so I added 2/3 cup of oats. I also increased the vanilla to 1 teaspoon. It was especially good when topped with sugar-free vanilla ice cream.