- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, cook raisins, water, margarine, cinnamon and nutmeg until margarine is melted; continue cooking for 3 minutes. Add all remaining ingredients. Spread into a 8-in square baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forSugar-Free Raisin Bars
"This was very good. Sugar-restricted husband enjoyed it very much. I changed the order of combining ingredients mixing dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately and then adding them to the raisin mixture after cooling it slightly. I added some of the hot mixture to the egg mixture before combining together. The batter was a little soupy so I added 2/3 cup of oats. I also increased the vanilla to 1 teaspoon. It was especially good when topped with sugar-free vanilla ice cream."