Sugar-Free Maple Cookies
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded peeled tart apple
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Artificial brown sugar sweetener equivalent to 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- In a bowl, combine margarine, sour cream, apple, eggs, maple flavoring and vanilla. Combine flour, sweetener, baking soda and baking powder; add to apple mixture and mix well.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 9-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 44 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 6, 2012
Oops!!!! I submitted this review for the wrong recipe. Please ignore!
May 6, 2012
This was very good overall. The batter was rather soupy, so I added 2/3 cup of oats to thicken it and make it more like oatmeal raisin cookies. It had a cake-like texture rather than the cookie bar I expected. However, for a sugar-free dessert, it was delicious especially when topped with sugar-free vanilla ice cream. I did change the order of mixing. I combined dry ingredients separately and combined egg, applesauce, and vanilla separately, also. I added a bit of the hot mixture into the egg mixture before combining both mixtures together. Then I added the flour mixture.