- 1/3 cup frozen apple juice concentrate
- 4 packets artificial sweetener (equal to 8 teaspoons sugar)*
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 8 cups thinly sliced peeled baking apples
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- Combine the first four ingredients. Line pie plate with bottom crust; add apples. Pour juice mixture over apples; dot with margarine. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; cut slits or an apple shape in top. Place over filling; seal and flute edges. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes. Increase oven to 400°; bake 15-20 minutes or until apples are tender. *Sweet 'N Low or Sweet One are recommended for baking. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSugar-Free Apple Pie
"This is my go-to apple pie recipe. I have only had rave reviews and I make this all the time. If you don't tell anyone that it's sugar free then they will never know. Add some Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla and you will satisfy everyone!"
"I made this pie for Thanksgiving since my husband has limited his sugar intake. I followed the directions exactly and it was absolutely delicious. He loved every bite. Sssh, don't tell anyone it is sugar free and they'll never know. I'm sure I will be making this again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"This pie was very good. Had compliments on it."
"Making this for second time!! It was absolutely delicious! I used Pillsbury rolled pie crusts and half Granny Smith and half Fuji apples! Adding a little agave today!!"
"Using the apple juice is a great idea . When I use just sugar substitutes the pies seem dry. This would help solve that problem."
"I made this pie for my familys Thanksgiving feast. No one in the group even knew that this was a diabetic apple pie. I did make one small flavor change. I used cranberry apple juice concentrate instead of just apple juice concentrate. It gave the pie a really nice added flavor. This pie was even great the next day."
"My husband is an Apple pie expert and he could not tell that it was not made with real sugar."