Sugar-Dusted Blueberry Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine the oats and orange juice; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in egg and oil until blended. Combine the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda; stir into oat mixture just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill two-thirds full with batter. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 216 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Dec 27, 2014
Made for breakfast this morning and used gluten free flour for hubby. Excellent! Will make again.
May 23, 2013
good breakfast muffins spread whit butter.
Aug 18, 2009
Very tasty! Will definitely be making them again soon!
Aug 31, 2008
I just made these muffins for the first time. The taste is surpreme. Very nice, sweet and moist all at the same time.Will be definately making these again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.