Sugar Cone Spruce Trees
Total TimePrep: 1 hour
- 8 sugar ice cream cones
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting, divided
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Green gel food coloring
- Assorted candy decorations
- Using a serrated knife, carefully score and cut ice cream cones to desired heights. In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup frosting and confectioners' sugar; tint green. Set remaining frosting aside.
- Cut a hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert star tip #77. Fill with green frosting. Pipe frosting in overlapping rows over cones. Decorate with candies.
- When frosting on trees is dry, spread white frosting over a large serving platter to resemble snow. Arrange trees on frosted platter.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 320 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 17, 2009
I made these for a my gingerbread house and put them on the side of the house. Great idea! I'm also going to use this recipe for the top of a cake along with the sled idea in the picture!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.