Here’s a wonderful snack to have on hand for entertaining, gift-giving or just munching anytime. With a sweet-spicy coating, the crunchy mixed nuts are hard to resist.—Tonya Burkhard, David, Illinois
Recommended: 20 Barks & Brittles for Extra-Happy Holidays
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with foil; grease foil. In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat. Add nuts; toss to coat. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until bubbly, stirring once. Immediately transfer to waxed paper; cool completely. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Sugar-and-Spice Candied Nuts in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014