Succulent Beef Skewers for 2
Agnes Ward, of Stratford, Ontario says, “These are no ordinary beef kabobs! They’re herb-infused and need to marinate at least two hours or overnight for the best flavor. If you feel like splurging, this recipe’s also fantastic with beef tenderloin.”
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or dash dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- In a shallow dish, combine the first 9 ingredients; add beef and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread beef onto two metal or soaked wooden skewers. Lightly oil the grill rack.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness (for medium, a thermometer should read 140°; medium-well, 145°), turning occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 171 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Originally published as Succulent Beef Skewers in Healthy Cooking April/May 2009