Sublime Lime Beef
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick and 1 pound)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- In a small bowl, mix lime juice, sugar and garlic until blended; set aside. Cut steak into 2x1x3/4-in. pieces; toss with pepper and salt. Thread beef onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 2-4 minutes on each side or until beef reaches desired doneness. Add peanuts to sauce; serve with kabobs and rice.
Nutrition Facts1 kabob with 3/4 cup rice and 1 tablespoon sauce: 352 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 502mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 30, 2016
Way too much lime. Will not make this again.
Aug 20, 2015
This was just ok - wont make again. Lime was too much and did not yield an exceptional flavor.
Jun 21, 2015
This recipe was good, but not awesome. Needs something more for added flavor??
Jun 21, 2015
Not much flavor here. needs something added to it. will not be making this again. Sorry. :(
Jun 8, 2015
I really don't want to be a downer, but this recipe didn't work out for us. I ended up with tasty pieces of beef, plain rice, and a bowl of lime juice with fresh garlic floating in it. Pouring the juice mixture over it all was too much. Dipping each beef piece in the juice was ok, but still very strong and then there was still the plain rice that needed something ...
Jun 5, 2015
This was easy and yummy! I would suggest doubling the lime juice, sugar and garlic mixture and adding half of it to the rice. Also I threw in some red cayenne pepper to jazz it up. Super summer dinner!