Stuffing-Topped Venison Chops Recipe
"A moist stuffing with apples and raisins is great with pork chops, so I decided to try it is venison chops, too," relates field editor Sue Gronholz of Beaver Dam, Wisconsin. "My husband, Todd, keeps our freezer full of venison. These chops are tasty and tender and special enough for company."
- 4 venison loin chops (1-1/4 inches thick)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- APPLE STUFFING:
- 2 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; add enough broth to reach top of chops. In a large bowl, combine stuffing ingredients. Spoon over chops.
- 2. Cover an bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Stuffing-Topped Venison Chops
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC