- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 2 cups cooked stuffing
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- Cut a pocket in each chop by slicing almost to the bone. Fill each chop with 1/2 cup stuffing; secure with toothpicks if necessary. Sprinkle with pepper.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, brown chops in oil. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove pork chops and set aside. Keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook garlic and thyme in pan drippings over medium heat for 1 minute. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. In a small bowl, combine flour and broth until smooth. Gradually add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove toothpicks from pork chops; serve with gravy. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forStuffing-Stuffed Pork Chops
"My family loved these tender, tasty chops and want me to make them again soon. I'm not fond of wine in sauces and so made my own pork gravy. I really couldn't believe how tender and juice they were. I cook a lot and this is now one of my favourite dishes. Five stars plus!"
"This was very good, I will make this again. The pork chops turned out perfect."
"Going to make this for supper tonight. sounds really good. mily is going to enjoy this. ani have made stuffed cops i never have had the gravy. They are going to be really surprised and i will get 5 stars on the meal. can't wait to make it. thank you toh for this recipe."
"Great for everyday meals but jassed up a dab"
"I did like this a lot but I used the white wine in the gravy and I wasn't prepared for wine taste to the gravy. Next time I will only use the chicken broth and no wine. Other than that it was wonderful. I used a plain stuffing from Bells and was glad because adding the spices in the recipe there was plenty of flavor."