Stuffing Squash Casserole
This recipe came about as an experiment. I wanted to make a squash casserole but didn't have crackers, so I substituted instant stuffing mix. My family loved it. It's a good side dish and also serves as a welcomed potluck dish.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups instant stuffing mix
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, diced, cooked and drained
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing mix, water and butter. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add squash and egg.
- Transfer to greased 1-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 295 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 949mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Stuffing Squash Casserole in Reminisce July/August 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.