Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1 package (6 ounces) instant stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large saucepan, saute green pepper in butter until crisp-tender. Drain mushrooms, reserving liquid; set mushrooms aside. Add water to liquid to measure 1-2/3 cups. Add to green pepper. Bring to a boil; stir in the stuffing mix.
- Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and pecans; fluff with a fork. Spoon into paper-lined muffin cups; pack lightly. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 129 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 342mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 9, 2015
I'm giving this 5 stars for the great idea...to bake stuffing in muffin cups. I adore stuffing, and I think this will be a great way to make extra at Thanksgiving, and freeze it in convenient serving sizes to enjoy later as a snack or sidedish. I always use pecans in my stuffing, so am glad to see that in the recipe too.
Oct 31, 2015
What a great idea! I cut the recipe to fit into 3 paper-lined muffin cups. I made it with Marcona almonds and onions. Delicious! I will make this for Thanksgiving.